Sunday, February 03, 2008

CNY Dinner - Tray Vegetables

Boo~

Chinese new year is here soon, one way people celebrate this wonderful festive season is by having dinner with friends and family. Last week I joined my colleagues for a CNY dinner at some Chinese restaurant in One Utama, forgotten the name lol... XD

Our table...

Before the actual meal, we had a "Lou Yee Sang" session which is also some traditional things to do which can bring good luck and prosperity in the new year. It's a kind of appetizer I guess, with those vege, salmon, crispy stuff... Not too sure of the ingredients but it tastes good, hehe...


Bring more good luck to us~

After that, here comes the main dish, we have only 1 dish that night which is called 盘菜, translated as "Tray Vegetables" which is actually a big pot that contains all kinds of meat, seafood and vegetables... For the dinner, we had abalone, prawn, sea cucumber, mushroom, vege, yam, taufu skin and lots more, together with the sauce served in a big clay pot on a stove.

Lots of nice stuff!

This is my first time hearing and seeing such a dish and also my first time tasting it, I would say it's pretty good. =) The taste is a bit strong if eaten neat, it goes really well with rice though. XD Some of my colleagues says the taste is a bit dull since the dish has only 1 taste for all the ingredients in the pot, haha... I guess this is personal preference, some like to have different tastes from various dishes and also more meat compared to vege and seafood... I love the abalone, the prawn, the sea cucumber, the yam... Hehe, taste really good. XD

Everyone is pretty full after eating, we didn't manage to finish up everything and the girl's table actually ate more than the guy's table. =p We also had fun chatting and listening to jokes, haha... Laugh a lot that night and had lots of fun. Everyone went back home after dinner which is quite surprising to me, I thought everyone will want to go have fun somewhere else, haha... Quite tired that night though, afterall it has been whole day I am out. Thank Yi Ying for fetching me to the dinner and back home though. =)

^StarrY^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

StarrY's Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez