Monday, February 11, 2008

My Reunion Dinner

Boo~

I woke up around 4 am that day, left my house with my family for Singapore at 5 then reached the border check point around 9.30 am... After having breakfast and all, finally reached my relative's house around 11am, so sleepy...

Played cards until lunch, not gambling though... XD After lunch, it was pretty boring because there's nothing to do so my cousins and I watched TV until evening... We went to the restaurant around 5.30pm for reunion dinner, so early! The dinner is booked from 5pm to 7pm actually... =_="

Our table, so red.

Anyway, there are actually quite a lot people there already, so we sat down, chit chat a while and wait for the waitress to serve us. The restaurant is not those high class places, just a community hall with tables and chairs and some chinese new year decorations around...

Yee Sang, so messy lol...

The first dish is of course the Yee Sang, a traditional dish that everyone will have before actually having the reunion dinner. It's a simply ceremony to wish for good luck and stuff... The Yee Sang is pretty big and we all had fun stirring it lol. XD It is not very nice though, too much vegetables, too little sauce and peanuts, we didn't finish everything...

The dishes.

More dishes.

Then the normal sharks fun soup came, the waitress put them into small bowls for us. No sharks fins seen in the soup, very watery when I drink it... No taste at all, not salty, no nice smell, nothing... *shakes head* Didn't really want to finish it but forced to... =(

Next is the fish, quite good looking but it doesn't taste good as well... I bet the fish has been frozen for quite a long time because the sweetness isn't there anymore, lucky the sauce is not too bad, still consider ok if eaten with sauce. I had better fishes with a much cheaper price in KL...

Prawns are up next, fried prawns with cereal, quite special, my first time seeing it... I don't really like prawns and I don't like cereal at all so I skipped this dish, others said it was ok so I guess this isn't too bad, everyone managed to finish up all the prawns as well.

After that, the pork leg is here, this dish is the best of all I think, I ate quite a bit since I haven't been eating much for the first few dishes... The veges beside the pork meat is good as well, we all finished this quite fast...

At the same time, they brought us sea cucumber with abalone and mushroom and vegetables which I think it's just so-so, nothing special about this dish and the taste is quite plain as well... The vegetables are quite crunchy though.

The last dish before dessert was steam rice in lotus leaf, the look is really nice and there's a slight fragrance when we open up the leaf... Too bad that the rice is almost tasteless, I think the chef forgotten to add salt or soy sauce... =___=

Dessert which suppose to be the easiest to prepare also disappointed me, the honey dew sago doesn't have any sense of sweetness at all, is sugar very expensive now? *sigh* All I can taste is the santan and it isn't cold at all... Didn't finish the dessert as it's really bad, no mood already...

Bad reunion dinner, don't really understand why they wanna spend so much for these sucky dishes, last year was the same as well, I don't really wanna eat here again next year. T_T My other relatives at another tables seems to enjoy the meal as I can see that they finished every single dish which we didn't, if these dishes are considered as tasty to them, I am really speechless...

After the dinner we went back home and continue with our TV series until night, such a boring CNY eve... I slept quite early that night because I was too bored and feeling tired, after all I woke up so early on the day...

Next entry will be about my CNY days in Singapore, I suppose it will be more interesting although there isn't any special stuff, just look forward to it. =p

^StarrY^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

StarrY's Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez