- spring roll skin sheets
- flavored seaweed sheets
- eggs, beaten
- Prepare cooking pan and oil for deep frying.
- Spread a thin layer of beaten egg on top of a spring roll skin.
- Attach a seaweed sheet to the skin and press lightly.
- Repeat these steps until all spring roll skin sheets and seaweed sheets are used up.
- Cut the sheets into smaller pieces, around 2 inches in width and height.
- Deep fry them until light brown or crispy.
- Store in air tight container when cold.
- If not using flavored seaweed sheets, add salt and pepper to egg for taste.
- On the first try, test the oil with 1 or 2 pieces to get the timing on frying the biscuit, they turn brown pretty quick.
This is a really nice snack for Chinese New Year. It's crispy and light, tastes really good with the seaweed and it's fragrant too. It's easy to make thus a very good gift for friends and family. Try it out and you will definitely love it!