Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year!

Note: This post is future-dated as I won't be able to online and update my blog during CNY. Enjoy!

Boo~

Chinese New Year is the biggest festive season for all Chinese, as it symbolizes the start of a brand new year of the lunar calendar. There's a lot of traditions and celebrations for this important festival which actually last for 15 days during the older days... Although we don't eat and play for 15 days right now but there's still so many events and celebrations around during Chinese New Year. XD

Just like the previous years, I will be going to Singapore to visit my grandfather and other relatives there to celebrate CNY, it sounds fun but it isn't actually... =( It's pretty hard to explain but it's not a pure vacation trip... I do hope there will be stuffs to do for the 4 days I am there, if not I am gonna bored to death.

Before I leave at 5 a.m. later, here's some random photos I took from shopping malls, various places with different decorations... Pretty nice to see. XD

A bridge, setup at Jusco Cheras Selatan, there's stalls selling CNY stuffs in front of the stage. It's a fake bridge so no people can walk on it lol...

Giant squared vase, a lot of 银柳 (I think it's typed this way and I don't know what they call this in English) at The Gardens, Mid Valley... Very nice, there are lots more around the stage, I guess there are some musical performance at certain times since there's quite a few traditional musical instruments on the stage.

Mid Valley Center Court stage... As usual, lots of people are gathering around the area, some performance or fashion show is going on I think, everyone just stand there and wait, really hard to actually get to the front or even take a nice photo lol.

Sunway Pyramid stage, pinkish... There are having some traditional dance performance when I was there but the place is full of people...

Saw this big flower from the top floor, pretty nice isn't it? There are a few more of these around the area, surrounding the stage. It's really nice when I looked at it from the top floor, I guess it will not be as nice if I were to look at it at the same floor since it's so big.

Lastly, I would like to wish everyone Happy Chinese New Year and all the best in the Year of Rat. =) Enjoy your holidays with all your friends and family, feel free to ask me out as well!

^StarrY^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

StarrY's Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez