Monday, February 11, 2008

CNY Days in Singapore

Note: Anime List updated.

Boo~


On the first day of CNY, I woke up pretty late... around noon, hehe... I was too tired from everything on the previous night I guess. =p Well, due to limited car space, my cousins and I were asked to stay at home while the adults visit a relative which live in Singapore as well, not really close so I don't really bother... Might as well take this chance and get more sleep!

My dad came back and gave us 4 Ang Paus though, hahaha... In SGD. XD After everyone came back, we had lunch together at home and for the rest of the day, my cousins, my mom and I were watching the TV series, cotninue from last night. XD We don't really have much relatives in Singapore so that's why... Most of them are living nearby and all, collecting Ang Paus only take a few minutes without much visiting as everyone comes to visit my grandpa...

Around 10 something at night, we got too bored and feel like walking a bit, so we went down to the nearby McDonalds to have ice cream. =p Something really hilarious happened when we are ordering our McFlurry... As usual, we walked up to the counter and placed our order and wait for the staff to make the ice cream, then as we were chatting, we heard a sound of a container falling... The staff actually poured all the oreos out by somehow removing it's container from the tray on the ice cream machine, don't ask me how he did it. We were like =____= but that's not the funniest part yet... Then the staff quickly ran to the back to get cloth or something to clean up and called the store manager. At that time I noticed that the switch on the ice cream machine is turned on without having any cup below it... So the ice cream keep flowing out, turning and turning... While both the staff and the manager is trying to clean up the oreos on the floo and the table, we all keep giggling after seeing that, ahahhaha... After some time, the manager finally realized that a lot of ice cream has been wasted...

It looks like this when the manager finally turn off the switch.

It was so funny that we tried our best not to laugh but still wanna laugh, lol... Anyway, I bet the staff is very nervous and all he ended up giving us our Oreo before even stirring it. =/ Bad day for the staff but it made our day as we really cannot resist laughing and talking about it after that. XD

After the funny ice cream session, everyone went back and sleep. ^_^ It's quite tiring even though we didn't do much, well watching TV for long hours actually strains my eyes a lot... I woke up around the same time on the second day as well, this time we all are going out to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

We reached the restaurant around noon which is quite early but the restaurant is already packed with people, luckily my aunt went there first and got us a place... The restaurant is quite small, by the road side and without aircond, lucky it isn't too hot that day. We all sat at a very long tables as the restaurant doesn't have round tables, to save spaces I think. =p

The menu.

My aunt ordered a few simple Chinese dishes and drinks, since there are so many people eating and waiting, I bet it's gonna be good. XD

Half chicken here.

The first dish we have is steam chicken, which is one of their famous dishes I think... It's nice, the meat is soft and sweet and juicy as well, eat together with their chili sauce, really nice... Oh, their chili sauce is really hot that I was surprised, normally chili sauce from chicken rice is not spicy at all and I always put a lot.

Tofu, looks delicious?

Then they served the to fu, as you can see it's covered with lots of sauce which has lots of eggs in it, really nice smell... The to fu they used is Japanese to fu so it's smooth, this dish is just normal for me but I like the sauce... XD

Pork ribs, my favorite...

Then here comes another specialty, pork ribs with a very special sauce. It's served in long pieces with mini fried buns, nice decoration hehe... I love this dish although I seldom like to eat pork ribs, the sauce that covered the ribs is really really nice, it has a very strong taste but not too salty, just nice and it's best when ate with rice... The small buns are fluffy inside and very crispy outside with a slight fragrance. =p I enjoyed this dish the most for this meal.

Kangkung, very spicy!

We had vegetables as well, kangkung with belacan. It's very spicy as commented by everyone, it sure has lots of chili padi inside lol... The taste is good to me, not too satly and the vege is fresh as it had sweetness in it and it's crunchy.

Pyramid rice.

The rice is is kinda special, normally rice are served either in a bowl shape or just a plate of scattered rice but this shop has pyramid-shaped rice! Hehe... special right? I wonder what kind of mold they use to do that... =p

Nice soup.

Lastly, my aunt ordered a soup as well, something like sharks fin but not excatly sharks fin, some seafood soup as well. It's nice although I don't know what is inside, I know there's egg and scallop, can see haha... This soup taste way nicer than the sharks fin soup we had for reunion dinner.

Everyone enjoyed the lunch, satisfied as well with only half the price of the reunion dinner, this really proved how bad is the previous restaurant. Too bad that this restaurant closes during CNY eve, if not we would probably come here for a good reunion dinner. =)

After lunch, we went to Cold Storage to get some ice cream and chocolates as snacks then went back home to finish up the TV series... We managed to finish it by night, after dinner, haha... 20 episodes all together, quite nice. XD After that, hand around for a while, drank some tea and finally go to sleep... Waking up early again to go back KL, can't wait... Staying in Singapore is really killing me, lol.

Continue with Back to KL trip tomorrow, wanna sleep now. =p

^StarrY^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

StarrY's Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez