Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A new baby for me...

Boo!

I was pretty busy for the entire weekend, even until today... just simply trying to get my baby totally up-to-date and ready for me to use! Yes, my new baby which costs a big hole in my bank account, my new computer! =D

Brand new PC.

Finally, I got myself a totally new computer using my own money. I am really happy and excited, I have been thinking of getting one since... forever? Now that I finally can afford to buy one myself, without any help from my parents, I am so thrilled. This feeling is really hard to describe but it's definitely amazing when you finally buy something for yourself using you own money... Yea, amazing. =)

I was pretty clueless at first on what spec should I go for, as you know... different usages need different specifications. I am not looking for the newest technology, but I don't want to be outdated either. After asking a few people, my friends, EdeNz's friends... haha... Here's the final stuff that I put together to become my new baby...
  • Core 2 Quad Processor Q9400
  • Asus P5Q Pro Motherboard
  • Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4870
  • Kingston DDR2-800 2GB RAM x 2
  • Western Digital 1TB HDD
  • Samsung 22x SATA DVD-RW
  • Silverstone Strider 500w PSU
  • Cooler Master ATX Casing
  • Sonic Gear Ego3nity 2.1 Speaker
  • Powerlogic Xplorer 3000 USB Keyboard and Mouse
  • Dell Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
... and a brand new computer table!

My biggie monitor.

The heart of my computer, everything is inside!

According to the sales person, this speaker is cute!

Simple keyboard and mouse will do for me.

All of these add up cost me a bit less than 4k, a big sum of money which I saved since last year.

Hehe, I really love it, although it's really a painful and troublesome process to format and setup my stuff all over again, but it's worth it! I am happily using it right now. I can really feel a big difference since I am stuck with a 15' laptop monitor all the while... The is better than my TV at home when I watch anime or TVB series, so nice right? Hahahaha...

It's only few days now, I haven't even done installing everything, which is why I am so busy but I just really want to blog this as soon as possible, so here it is. I am in love with my new baby computer. =)

3 Comments:

Ruz said...

Soooo nice :)
You must be wanting to rush home when the clock strikes 6.Hihi

Btw,couldn't agree more with the happy feeling when u get ur own stuff on ur own. Now that's a PC..imagine a car...imagine a HOUSE!!!!! =) Well...those will take longer than it takes to get a new PC....hihihi

Shong said...

Nice comp! I wish I've the budget to get a new 1. I'm still stucked with my 6 years old desktop. I dun think it can be upgrade anymore. I'm surviving with my laptop now.

StarrY said...

Hehe...

Got to keep saving money to get more stuff that I want. =D

Post a Comment

 

StarrY's Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez