Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Cloverfield

Boo~

I wanted to update my blog earlier, have a few things that I wish to write about, just couldn't find time for it, sad... Weekends seems to be the only option for me to blog now, but my weekends is always filled with plans to do this and that, in the end, I don't really have much free time to do things I want to do... =(

Anyway, today is a holiday for me, so lucky that the government decided to declare Thaipusam as WP's public holiday too. XD I slept till noon, after so many days of not sleeping enough... Then EdeNz came to my house for lunch and we went Jusco for movie and to shop for some stuff. We haven't really decided what to watch yet, but just wanna catch up on the movies. =)

When we reached, there isn't much people queuing up, which is good for us and we narrowed our choices down to Cloverfield and In the Name of the King. In the end EdeNz chose Cloverfield, ask him why, haha... The movie is... kinda special, if you read any review or synopsis, you should know that this movie is entirely filmed on a hand-held video cam. This make the entire movie so shaky and it makes me feel dizzy watching it. =( I didn't know this beforehand and I was wondering what it means by "The movie might cause dizziness and headache to the audience." when the staff at the ticket counter told us that.


The movie basically shows how a gang of friends tried to run and survive from a mysterious attack from some dinosaur-like creature that attacked the city during their farewell party night. They didn't reveal any information about the creature or what happened to the city after that, so I guess there might be a continuation for this movie, since there's so many mysteries unsolved. There is also a hidden ending after the credits, which we missed. =( Hopefully if there's another part of this movie, it won't be another film from a hand-held cam, I really wanna know the story but don't wanna go through the dizziness again.

Somehow, we both feel that this is similar to AvP, since it's also about creatures attacking humans and military actually got involved but still couldn't take down the creature, and it shows how people trying to run away and stuff... Well, if you like that kind of movie, go for it... It's not that gory but it's interesting. I would give a 6.5/10 for this movie, minus a bit points for making dizzy! XD Hehe...

^StarrY^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

StarrY's Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez