Friday, May 22, 2009

Angels & Demons

Boo!

Finally it's Friday, it's a good thing I guess... But I still hope this few hours can pass by faster so that I can enjoy my weekend at home or somewhere else fun. =p


So, EdeNz and I watched this movie, Angels and Demons, during our trip to Genting... and it's quite a nice movie based on the book which is written by the same author of The Da Vinci Code, Dan Brown. This author does like to talk about Christianity huh... Well, as a sequel to the movie Da Vinci Code, I believe many have said that this movie is much better and I think so too... though I can barely remember the previous movie content, I believe the story is more exciting this time and there's more action involved...

The story is basically about a priest who tried to make himself a hero and get to be elected as the next Pope, after the current one is dead... He revives a secret organization, Illuminati, which is opposing the Catholic Church and then kidnapped 4 favorite candidates for the next Pope... A professor that is studying those Illuminati codes were called in to help, together with a scientist, both of them tries to stop a bomb from exploding in the Vatican city and tries to save the 4 candidates before they were killed.

Well, the story ends well when the priest's plan is revealed by the professor to the church people, then the professor managed to save one of the candidates for the next Pope from dying... I get to learn more stuff about Christianity here, like the process of Pope's election, which I don't really know about... it's interesting to learn stuff about religions but it's sad to see how people use religion as a weapon or power... This show also portrays a point - religion vs. science... I think they can co-exist and I believe they should, we have brains and we can think, make use of it to advance and improve our lifestyle is definitely a good thing.

Hmm, I am sure there are tons of opinions on things like religions and stuff, I am open to hear all of them, it's best to hear what people have to say but it's annoying when someone tries to push their opinion on you and makes you think the same... don't you think so?

^StarrY^

1 Comments:

SGRMSE. said...

Yeah, I found Angels & Demons to be better than The Da Vinci Code too (movie-wise). Ron Howard's brilliant!

Post a Comment

 

StarrY's Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez