Thursday, September 10, 2009

District 9

Boo!

Another movie update, should be just a short entry, since I'm tired and all after work. Maybe I will update another time this weekend with something better. =p

I went to watch this movie with EdeNz and Matt last week, heard that it was good and I feel like going out instead of staying at home so, why not? XD Tickets are easy to get since it's quite an old movie already...


I know the movie is gonna talk about aliens but I didn't know much, like human calling them "prawns" 'cos they look like one lol... Although the aliens seems to be having such high technology, able to travel in space and all... most of them seems to look stupid or don't even know anything at all? Hmm... The movie was quite boring at first, with all the dialogues trying to move the aliens to a new camp site and all but the later part of the movie is quite interesting when a human mutate into alien due to some mysterious black liquid. Well, the weaponry are cool, I can't imagine prawn-like creatures can actually develop such sophisticated weapons lol...

Then fighting scenes are just okay, I hate how the guy is so scared of everything and keep running away... in the end he did help the alien to get back to their spaceship and go back to their planet but the story just stop there, never mention if the alien is gonna come back for him, to cure his mutation and let him become human again. I hate it when movies end like this! =(

To me, it's kinda tragic that the guy got involved in all this... he's really innocent and I can see that he's really suffered a lot, I can't imagine anyone get go through all those things on their own. He's also really lovely, remembering his family all the time and still trying to keep in touch with his wife after he totally become one of the aliens... That's just touching.

I really really wished that the movie would give a proper ending... perhaps cutting out a little on the front part and add more time for the ending will make this movie much much better. I would give this 6.5/10... It's an okay movie but watching it on DVD or cinema doesn't make much difference.

^StarrY^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 

StarrY's Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez